Chocolate cake anyone? How about chocolate cake with cinnamon mocha frosting? Yes, please! This is by far the yummiest frosting I’ve come up with so far. I love being inspired by the large variety of extracts that supermarkets carry now-a-days. Cinnamon extract coupled with chocolate and coffee struck one of those “eating cake for breakfast isn’t bad” thoughts in me. I so concluded that it was true. I ate cake for second breakfast this morning…just as soon as Nick left the house to run errands. Is that bad?
For my lovely readers…the recipe.
1 c softened butter
2 c shortening
1/2 tsp cinnamon extract
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c baking cocoa
2lb bag powdered shortening
1/2 c strong brewed coffee (cooled)
1. Cream shortening and butter together. Add vanilla, cinnamon extract.
2. Add half the sugar and mix well.
3. Add cocoa and half the coffee.
4. Mix in the rest of the sugar until smooth. You can add more sugar or coffee (or milk) until you reach the desired texture.
5. Eat while frosting cake or cupcakes, and while no one’s looking, and sometimes for breakfast.