We have been ever-so-busy around here. I’m sure you have been too. Handy husband and I have been checking things off of our to-do list. I don’t make honey-do lists in case you’re wondering. It’s a team effort- kids included. The most exciting one for me this week has been the addition of a clothesline. It’s been almost a year since we’ve had one. My man is so awesome. He dug a hole, cemented a pipe in said hole, attached hooks to the house and away went I to hang up clothes.
I don’t understand why, but I tend to be caught up on washing and drying laundry when I have a clothesline. Maybe it’s because timing is everything. Warm breezy days are (such as the ones we’ve been having lately) are perfect clothes-drying days.
Truly, words can’t express my love for hanging out clothes on the line. Okay, I guess words can explain exactly why I love it.
REASONS WHY I LOVE HAVING A CLOTHESLINE
1. Saves money (c’mon you should have guessed that one)
2. clothes dry faster (cuts drying time in half– which means I can have a life outside of the wash room)
3. I like to see my clothes blowin’ in the wind (I like to imagine I’m on our farm when this happens)
4. Saves energy (aka if the power went out for weeks we wouldn’t be caught naked)
5. I really enjoy ‘having” to go outside everyday and hear the birds sing while my children follow me out for a few more minutes of play
6. Our clothe smell like sunshine. Yes, it has a smell. Don’t believe me? Try it and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
7. I like to say “go get ’em off the line” when someone asks me where their underwear are. It better than “They’re in the dryer” I don’t know why it just is.
8. Because I love having a clothesline.