I have some knitting goals for the year. As a housewife who has a seemingly unusual amount of creative energy (and not nearly as much of the cleaning energy), I am venturing out of the hat, scarf, and simple baby sweater type of knitting. Do you want to know what’s on the list? Here it is in no particular order:
1) socks– these have scared the tar out of me thus far, but it’s time to grab some itty-bitty needles and cast on.
2) mittens– like socks, but a little less intimidating.
3) Nick knits– I’ve only made the guy 1 hat, which was recently given away for a good cause. He needs some yarn love.
4) A shawl– a lacy shawl…for me.
5) A Zimmerman– I have no particular one in mind. I just know that if an artist had a chance to paint with Monet, he would. Such would a knitter with a Zimmerman pattern. It’s like a right of passage in my eyes. More about Elizabeth Zimmerman can be found here.
6) Colorwork– Fair Isle needs a chance on my needles.
So that’s that. I’m expecting this post will keep me accountable to these goals. Just so you don’t think I’m a complete whack, let me just say that many of these goals will be combined in one project. In example: A pair of fair isle mittens using a EZ pattern for…Nick? Well, maybe not for Nick. He’s not a mitten kinda guy. He’s rarely a glove guy as far as hands are concerned. Ha!
Happy knitting all! Please join in if you so wish. Leave your updates and blog links in the comments box.