I received a forwarded email about a year ago from an unknown author about peroxide. It was written by a women whose husband has been a doctor for over 36 years. I have been wanted to share this with you all for some time now. Today I am buckling down and typing away :)
She starts by explaining that used as a bleach alternative it is just as effective. It was used during both world wars by nurses and doctors alike. I can personally testify that when I works for a doctor he used it to clean wounds and during minor surgeries. He told me once that he’s never had a patient become infected from any procedures he’s preformed.
On the other hand Chlorine bleach was used to kill some of our troops during WWII…yikes! Not good to breath, and it ruins everything it touches such as clothes, rags, and carpets.
Here are some things you can do with the ever so inexpensive hydrogen peroxide:
1. Take 1 capful and hold it in your mouth for 10 mins daily, then spit out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter w/o expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep the free of germs. (This means less money spent on toothbrushes too!)
3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill Salmonella and other bacteria.
5. I (the lady) had fungus on my feet for years until I spayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let it dry.
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for 5-10 mins several times a day. My (the lady’s) husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with ant medicine but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Fill a spray bottles with 50.50 mix of water and peroxide and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect w/o harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mix whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a kleenex.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for 10 mins several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/5 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. Sit n the sun or blow dry…it is activated by heat. Enjoy natural looking highlights on the cheap.
11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. Add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the spot. Let sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
13. Use peroxide to clean mirrors. There is no smearing.
No home should be w/o this. Save tons of money in a simple healthy manner!